Remedial wall tie with a resin/resin fix
ResiTie is a remedial wall tie used where a resin bonding is required at both tie ends.
ResiTies are ideally suited for use in situations not otherwise suited to mechanical pinning or for use in small quantities minimising specialised tooling requirements.
ResiTies are easy to install and engineered from austenitic stainless steel, Grade 316 as standard. They are suitable for use in cavity and solid masonry construction.
1. Mark the points for the ResiTies on the near leaf brickwork. Using a 10mm drill bit and rotary percussion drill, where possible, drill a clearance hole through the near leaf and 55mm into the far leaf. The hole should be drilled about half way up the brick and around 15mm from the end to avoid frogs and core holes
2. Clean both holes of debris using a pneumatic spoil cleaner or an airjet
3. Inject EpoxyPlus resin to fill the hole in the far leaf
4. Using the hand-held support tool, insert the ResiTie, with plastic sleeves fitted, into the clearance hold until the far sleeve enters the far leaf
5. After the resin has cured, security of fixing in the far leaf can be tested with a Helifix Load Test Unit
6. Inject EpoxyPlus resin into the near leaf until the hole is filled and then make good the outer face
- Replacement tie for cavity walls where a resin bond is required at both ends of the tie
- Recommended for small jobs requiring 200 ties or less
- Pinning multi-layer masonry (with ties up to 300mm long)
Remedial wall tie – brick to brick and brick to block
- Quick,easy, non-disruptive installation
- Effective in all common building materials
- Far and near leaf security of fixing easily proof tested
- Flexibility accommodates normal building movement
- Highly economical and effective
- Minimal inconvenience to occupants
- Leaves building virtually unmarked
- No splitting of bricks and blocks
- Multiple drip points prevent transfer of water across cavity