StarTies are quick and easy to install and engineered from austenitic stainless steel Grade 316 as standard. StarTies conform to Australasian standard AS/NZS2699 and cover durability classifications R2, R3 and R4.
- Hand-held support tool
- Insulation retention clips
- Drill bit for pilot hole (hard masonry)
Grade of Stainless Steel: ASTM 316 Standard (ASTM 304 available)
Cross Sectional Area: 100m2 (15mm2)
Stock Length: 50-400mm
Required Length: Existing leaf penetration, typically 70mm + cavity width + new leaf embedment, not less than 50% new leaf width
Ultimate Tensile Strength (MPa): 1100
Tensile Strength (UTS): 11.4
0.2% Proof Stress (MPa) 860
Shear Strength Averaged (MPa): 700
Product Code: HST8o
*Diameter measures from fin edge to fin edge.
Characteristic Performance Data – AS/NZS2699.1 Type B Non-Flexible Veneer Tie Classification.
Application: 8mm StarTie set in mortar joint / Drive-in connection timber
Cavity width: 75mm
Axial Stiffness kN/mm: 0.684
Axial Strength kN: 1.444
Residual Strength kN: 1.576
Type B Classification: Earthquake medium duty (EM) for cavity of 75mm
Health and Safety
Helifix tie and reinforcement installation procedures often require the use of power tools to cut or drill holes into or through masonry-type substrates. Depending on the system used, installation may also involve the use of cementitious or epoxy-based bonding agents. Accordingly, installers may face any one or combination of work site hazards.
Electricity, gas and water pose immediate and dangerous hazards and it is essential that appropriate measures are taken to locate, identify and isolate any such service which may be present in the wall under repair prior to cutting, drilling or installing ties.
Similarly, all necessary safety precautions must be taken while cutting, drilling, installing ties or using chemicals. Appropriate safety clothing, footwear, eyewear and hearing protectors should always be worn. Only well-insulated, quality tools should be used.
- New build cavity and veneer wall construction
- Connecting a new masonry leaf to an existing wall or frame
- Securing a new wall, wall extension or section to an existing wall
- Stainless steel, self-tapping, one piece tie
- Multiple drip points prevent cross cavity water transfer
- Excellent stress free mechanical connection and mortar bond
- Can be installed through insulation without significantly adversely affecting its thermal performance